I hope you all have a great Monday! Today’s recipe it’s one of my favorites, it’s both really easy to prepare and also really tastes good. And it’s also a very common dish, but not everyone knows how to make it. You’ll be amazed for how easy it is.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ cup white onion (pearl) diced
- 1 bunch of chives or green onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno or chili peppers, seeded and without membranes, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tomatoes, roma variety, peeled and diced, 2 cups
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups turkey or chicken, shredded
- ½ cup lemon juice – 2 large lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
To accompany: grated or shredded cheese, tortilla chips, avocado, chopped cilantro, chopped green onion and lemon slices
- In a large soup, pot heat the oil, add the chopped onion, chopped chives or green onions, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapenos or chilies, crushed garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken or turkey, tomato juice and shredded turkey or chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and remove from heat.
Serve accompanied with grated or shredded cheese, tortilla chips, avocado, cilantro, green onion and lemon slices.
This corn ships soup is great for a cool weather. Let me know how did you like it.
Until the next time!
#MissMevi #AvocaTips #Recipe
Original source: laylita.com