December just arrived and this year 2014 is almost gone. Are you ready for all the December celebrations? Today I’d like to share with you this delicious chicken salad.
Yield: For 1-2 as a starter salad, for 1 person as main entrée salad.
For the balsamic cilantro dressing:
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, adjust based on your preference
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, adjust based on your preference
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the chicken salad:
- ~2 cups of your choice of mixed salad greens
- ½ avocado, diced or sliced
- 5-6 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- A few slices of red onion
- 5-6 slices of cucumber
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- A few coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
To prepare the salad dressing, place the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk lightly. Can be made ahead of time, refrigerate until ready to use.
To prepare the salad, arrange the mixed salad greens on a large plate, add the diced avocado, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, shredded chicken, and the chopped cilantro.
Pour the balsamic cilantro dressing over the salad, toss and serve immediately.
Please share with all of us how did you like it, and send us pictures to see how you served it.
Until the next time!