Are you planning to visit family or friends and eat leftovers from past holidays? Well, you can twist their flavor with this delicious salad recipe: Arugula salad with mango, avocado and red onions tossed with spicy orange vinaigrette!
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into long slices
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- ¿½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tbs lime juice
For the spicy orange vinaigrette
- 1 tbs champagne vinegar
- 4 tbs orange juice, about ½ orange
- 2 tbs lime juice, about ½ lime
- 4 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- 1 red chili or hot pepper, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a jar, close it tight and shake until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Soak the onion slices in warm water with a dash of salt and 1 tbs lime juice for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the onions slices.
- Toss the arugula leaves with half of the vinaigrette.
- Add the avocado slices, mango slices and onion slices to the arugula mix, drizzle the remaining vinaigrette on top.
- Serve immediately.
It’s delicious, but also it’s great for those who are trying to loose weight and burn fat.
BENEFITS OF AVOCADO.
- Keeps you heart healthy;
- Avocado is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids;
- Avocados tend to be high in fiber, about 7% by weight, which is very high compared to most other foods;
- Avocados lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
- People who ate avocados had a much higher nutrient intake and had a lower risk of metabolic syndrome;
- The fat in avocados can help you absorb nutrients from plant foods;
- Avocados are loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes;
- Avocado may help prevent cancer.
BENEFITS OF ARUGULA.
- Cancer fighting Powerfood, it’s high in fibre and antioxidants, and also rich in glucosinolates, studies show may reduce the risk of developing lung, prostate, breast, and pancreatic cancer.
- Rich in chlorophyll which can help to prevent liver and DNA damage from aflatoxins.
- Hydrating leafy green.
- Good for bone health. Vitamin K is needed for bone health; it is needed for the absorption of calcium into the bones and teeth.
- Helps reduce inflammation in the body and gives you energy and mobility.
- The fiber content helps clean out the colon promoting healthy bowel movements.
- Protects the aging brain from cognitive decline.
- The extra benefit is that 2 cups of arugula contain only 80 calories, making it a good choice for those on a diet.
- Arugula has been used as an aphrodisiac since the first century. Research has shown us that the trace minerals and antioxidants in dark, leafy greens are essential for our sexual health.
BENEFITS OF MANGO
- Prevents Cancer; antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
- Lowers Cholesterol; the high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically Low-Density Lipoprotein (the bad stuff).
- Clears the Skin.
- Eye Health; One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
- Helps in Diabetes, because mango help normalize insulin levels in the blood.
So, it’s not only a delicious salad, your body will get a lots of benefits from this one too!
Enjoy! Until the next time.
#MissMevi #AvocaTips #Recipes