It’s Monday again and 2014 is almost over already. Today I’d like to share with you this delightful recipe which will make you look great if you bring this to any New Year’s party. I was looking for something cool and easy to prepare, something I would be willing to prepare after work and after I picked up my baby. ;O)
Enough said, this is the recipe:
For the crab salad:
- 1 pound of cooked crab meat
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 4 radishes, finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the stuffed avocados:
- 4-5 ripe but firm avocados
- ½ lime
- Lettuce or salad greens, cilantro leaves, chopped green onions or chives, radishes
To prepare the crab salad:
- Mix the cooked crab meat with diced onions, diced bell peppers, diced cucumbers, diced radish, lime juice, olive oil, chopped cilantro, and salt/pepper.
- The salad can be prepared in advance and kept refrigerated until just ready to assemble the avocados.
To prepare the crab stuffed avocados:
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seeds and peel the avocados.
- Sprinkle each avocado half with a little lime (or lemon) juice to prevent the avocados from browning too quickly.
- Fill the center of the avocados halves with the crab salad.
- Serve the crab stuffed avocados over lettuce leaves and garnished with chopped chives (or green onions) and radishes.
Yield: For 8-10 people as an appetizer or 4-5 people as an entree salad.
I hope you enjoy this salad, it’s one of my favorites. If you can’t find crab you can replace it with surimi. Please share your pictures on my fan page of this salda once you serve it. ;O)
Until the next time!
#MissMevi #AvocaTips #Recipes
Original source: layita.com